Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Writing on the Wall




Marlee and her friend practicing the letters

Lately, the girls have been very interested in cursive writing. I began to wonder if they even teach this in school anymore.  I rarely see it in people's writing, heck, with 95% of my communication via email and text, I really don't ever see people print! I've decided to take matters into my own hands and teach this lost art to my kids. 


Since we are in the midst of a playroom overhaul, I decided it is time to add new decor to the walls anyway.  I found these awesome Around the World Cursive Cards, which is a win-win for me since we love geography and travel.

Marlee does a great job learning the loops and lines of the letters. Mya's fine motor skills are not quite there yet, but she does enjoy pointing out the letters.



I am not sure if writing cursive is really the wave of the future, but it is fun to learn.


2 comments:

  1. looook! you already have the letters on the wall and everything! just like a homeschool family :)

    ReplyDelete