Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

'The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.'

Thanks for posting this Carolyn.  Also, thanks for opening my eyes to a holistic way of thinking and exposing me to Waldorf, Montessori, and Reggio Emelia.  I learned how we can connect the natural world with every aspect in our lives, and most importantly, our education.  It is no wonder Tara is a successful young lady attending a great college in Oregon.

As I become a more seasoned mom, my Mother's Day expectations have changed.  Entitled pampering has been replaced by gratitude.  I reflect on the family Dave and I created, the way we choose to live our lives, and the community in which we chose to live. I am both honored and humbled to be the backbone of my family.

Mother's Day in the park. Dads cooked for moms.





No comments:

Post a Comment