Thursday, September 4, 2014

Labor Day Love



Time is just flying by in our little corner of the world. I had all kinds of aspirations to chronicle our travels, projects, and adventures. I suppose life got in the way and summer flew by. 
Usually we try to settle into a fall rhythm after Labor Day as we slowly move indoors and slightly turn inward. I'm hoping we move a little slower in the upcoming season!

Labor Day came and went quickly. What a fun weekend. One of my BFFs came up from Atlanta and we immediately got into an impromptu project. A quick and cheap facelift on the house!

Spray paint is now included on my short list of favorite crafty things. It seems manufacturers are gearing these lovely cans towards us crafty gals instead of graffiti punks. Let me explain: you can buy spray paint mixed with primer!! Yes! Flawless, quick paint jobs on plastic, metal, glass, cheap laminated furniture, etc!!!

So within an hour of Erin's arrival, we started tearing the house up and changing the weathered, dull, black shutters to a lively green color.





I am quite smitten with my fancy new house. The whole project took a few short hours and $15 in spray paint!

Of course our girls got together for a weekend of fun. I'm so glad our kids stayed close over the years. We hooked up with a neighbor and went in a hike and found this awesome waterfall slide. Best. Waterpark. Ever!















No comments:

Post a Comment