Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Spontaneousness


It was such a nice surprise to get a text from a good friend to invite us to the beach for a weekend. Our good friends left Asheville in September to move to Oregon. Though we still see them every now and again, I do miss the impromptu dinners, parties, and talks we had.

My friend Maria and I packed up the kids and took the 4 hour trek to Folly Beach so we can see our good friends and our kids can reunite with their BFFs. 

Speaking of surprises, we told the kids we were heading to a zoo. Imagine their surprise to end up not only at the beach,  but with their west coast friends who were also surprised by visitors! Yeah, I think I got the cool mom award...for a day.

I'm wondering if its possible to plan to be more spontaneous this summer ;)
Anyway, here's to impromptu fun:












No comments:

Post a Comment