Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mid Winter

Of course our winters here in the mountains on NC are nothing like what we experience in PA. Just as we were ready to put the holiday season (and sloth-like behavior that's a result of it) behind us, we started to get "snow days".

This may be the weakest snow angel I've ever seen....


So we hunkered down in the house and let the cold snap pass. We spent our time cooking, crafting, playing games, harassing pets, etc. 





We gathered with some neighborhood friends for a trip to the  movies after a 4 day stretch of cabin fever.



This week we tried to get back on schedule even though we have a 4 day weekend ahead of us. But some consistencies are surfacing, such as returning to dance.


And returning our regular healthier diet (and a liver cleanse for me) 


Now that I'm feeling we are coming out of slacker mode, I'm seeing on the horizon; more winter day bike rides, more crafting with my lady friends & kids, (I do need to write about the sweetest group of girls that come over to sew) and more time outside. 
I'm also seeing myself getting ready to plan a polka dot party for my favorite soon to be 9 year old, more on that later...







No comments:

Post a Comment