Sunday, December 8, 2013

'Tis the season for craziness

I knew our fall rhythm would end with the arrival of Christmas crafting, decorating, and gift making, but we weren't  prepared for the crazy week that passed!

Our trip to PA for Thanksgiving was lovely and full of fun. We even got to play in the snow.




Usually we'd ease back into the week upon our return. I'm not sure what happened, but nothing was easy with our first week into the Christmas season. 

We traded evenings of sewing and decorating for messes and chaos. So instead of posting photos if our activities & crafts, I'll share some of the craziness.

We did however, get our little Snow Village up and a few outdoor decorations on the house.







I also got to spend a few late nights with my Silhouette and etching cream. It was quite relaxing and fun.



However, we worked around and stepped over things like this all week:





To my dismay, I realized this was the only photo taken of Dave and I over the past year. The unflattering picture was taken by Marlee.



At least we got to have an evening of holiday cheer. A sweet, patient babysitter came over and did some crafts with the girls, so I guess the week ended on a good note.

As i reflect on the past few holiday seasons being sick with my recurring pneumonia and missing out on everything, the craziness doesn't seem so bad.

The following week will bring some holiday crafts and a Christmas tree to decorate. Hopefully.















No comments:

Post a Comment