Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer Un-planning



School just let out for the summer on Wednesday. Mya just finished kindergarten, Marlee- 2nd grade, and me- my 1st year back to work after a 7 year hiatus. 





The day was fun-filled with the usual last day commencements, and the after school party was business as usual at our neighborhood park:







Our neighborhood throws a full scale shindig with complete ice cream buffet and giant slip & slide. The kids welcome summer with great friends and great memories in the making.
 
Of course I had all kinds of aspirations of a bucket list, agenda, daily plan, etc., when we slowly approached the end of the school year.  See this post about all of our elaborate plans for last summer, then check out this humble post about what really happed by summer's end. I suddenly stopped to realize how much I've been slowing down and moving away from commitments and friendships that no longer served me well.  This past year was full of healing and reevaluating. I am learning (finally) that the plan for us is to maybe not plan at all, just let the days roll by this summer, see where the wind takes us. I have also learned not to keep my plate so full and to say 'no' once in a while. I have decided to consciously "un-plan" these next few weeks, in hopes of finding the wonder and appreciation of lazy summer days.







1 comment:

  1. I love NO plans. It's really the best and the most fun I think. Have a great summer, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete