Monday, June 3, 2013

End of Year Gifts

With school ending this week, the gals and I decided to bust out our crafting supplies and make some gifts for our fantastic teachers this year. We have had several special teachers this year and because we actually started our crafts early, we were able to make a few different projects.

First up was an easy project.  We had all the supplies right here:  fabric scraps, empty wine bottles (of course!) and Mod Podge.
We cut up some fabric scraps, covered the bottles in Mod Podge, placed fabric on the bottles, and covered the fabric in Mod Podge.  The end result was a funky vase.



 

 
 
We also thought a few of our teachers could use a beverage (or three) after this long school year.  We decided to make accessories to go along with those beverages.  We pulled out and old favorite from our files.  You can click here to see the previous post I made that has instructions on these awesome alcohol ink tiles.  We had the ink and primer already and the tiles cost 44 cents each at Home Depot. I glued felt squares on the bottom of the tiles and they will make perfect outdoor drink coasters.
 

 
Lastly, I decided to reconnect with my Singer, as it's been some time. I made two casserole carries and etched the glassware with my Silhouette machine.  Oh how I love that machine...it makes me look so fancy ;)
 



 
 
We have been so lucky with the girls getting phenomenal teachers since they started school. We just wanted to show them small tokens of how much we appreciate their hard work and dedication. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment