Monday, March 18, 2013

Best. Investment. Ever.

We recently got a gymnastic mat. My motive was having the gals and friends to play independently for hours on end...I do have a lot of catching up with my crafting ;)
What I was not planning on was seeing the budding confidence in my once mediocre gym enthusiast. I regularly saw the look of discouragement in Marlee's eyes as she watched other girls in her dance class effortlessly complete a set of back walkovers. With some practice, she is learning not only how the muscles in her body work, but also to trust her body to work in ways she never thought possible. She still has much more to learn, but practicing on the mat in a playful way is giving her the confidence boost she needs.
Also, this has been the center of many recent play dates, which means I get to sneak away for a craft or two. Win-win ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment