Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Cheer!

Gathering with my neighborhood lady friends is definitely on my short list of favorite things.  Sometimes I just invent silly reasons to have a party with these women.  My latest antic was one to bring in the holiday season.  I decided to forgo the cookie exchange and hold a mix drink swap last week. Why not spread some holiday cheer?

The plan was to have everyone bring their favorite mix drink in a pitcher and several copies of the recipe.  Everything was set up on a table in my downstairs living room.  We had cups to sample each drink and everyone could take home several recipes. 



The party was a hit.  Twenty five women showed up, we had some drinks and got a few recipes.  It was a fairly tame evening, considering the overabundance of booze available.  A few left early, a few stayed late, and a few got rowdy (no need to name names here ;)

Whenever I have a crowd of people laughing, or drinking, or dancing in my tiny kitchen, I always wonder how I got so lucky to live in such an amazing community. I think everyone realized that this party was totally unnecessary. I mean, if you wanted to get a drink recipe, just google it.  However, everyone made an effort to come out and socialize.  It seems that people just get busier and busier as time goes on. I am glad to be surrounded by like-minded people. People who know that the value of a little time and effort towards friendships, neighbors, and community reaps its rewards.  For that I am grateful and I will continue to throw my cheesy weeknight parties for my lovely neighborhood friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment