Saturday, November 8, 2014

Halloween ----> Snow


Fun and shenanigans is usually the theme of Halloween around here. It also seems to be the theme for everything else I'm involved in as well, but that's another story. 

The girls were creative and decided to go vintage by donning a replica of candy buttons. I'm pleased to say they came up with the idea and created the costume themselves....except for the hot glue and styrofoam contact part, I think I'm still high from the fumes.







Cold temperatures and heavy rains arrived right at the start of trick or treat time. Luckily Dave and neighbor Steve and their innovative ideas gave us nothing to fear.




There's no need to put the patio furniture away just yet. We stayed (mostly) dry and warm for our evening of fun.








Spiked drinks and all, we had a great time. I'm glad we create such memories for our kids. Oftentimes I'm afraid of what they will remember most ;)

We had a double bonus the next morning 
as we woke to a wintery wonderland.






Oh what fun to have my first trail run in the snow, a walk in the woods with my family, and an impromptu gathering with some favorite friends later that night. Make us look forward to the season ahead. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment