Monday, August 6, 2012

Affirmation Board


I have come up with this bright idea to make an affirmation board.  Each week we will put up a new positive affirmation and one goal to work towards.  I am hoping this builds confidence as we enter the dramatic years with our otherwise sweet little group of girlfriends.

The whole project took about 10 minutes to make.  Well, unless you count the 20 minutes it took Mya to pick out the fabric.  Not quite my first choice, but as she said, "It just jumped at me" hmm..


I started out with a cork board ($7.00) at Target and some fabric.

                                  

I simply measured & cut the fabric to the dimensions of the board and stapled it to the board.


The board hangs on their bedroom door. I put up an affirmation for both Marlee and Mya.  They read it three times in the morning and once before bed.  We also work on the goals every day.

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”

                                           -Mahatma Gandhi

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment